To begin the re:design project, I had a few ideas of redesigning Winnie the Pooh stories, Tales from Beatrix Potter, or short stories by Hans Christian Andersen. My first step was to loiter in a Chapters and find some inspiration and comparisons to hopefully guide my choices to select a project direction to go with.
While searching for inspiration and help with my personal roadmap project, I came across Ten Simple Ways to Build Each Other Up that was incredibly uplifting! This list also lead me to consider more deeply my personal values and how I wanted to live my life based on my current knowledge and past experiences. After assessing my values and goals, I found myself with a few of my own short lists of how I want to live & act and some goals for the next 5 years. A few of which I have included below:
- have faith, hope, and love; always have love
- always explore; keep creating new opportunities for experiences and gaining knowledge
- make or sustain at least 3 personal projects per year; cross stitch, knitting, crafting, baking
- be kind and patient
- swearing is good, let it out
- never lose who you are, if you do, find her again by any means necessary
- stay strong
- start a knowledge-sharing platform and find something that you can teach to others; give to others, help build them up
- support people around you and keep supportive people around you
- travel!; go to Europe (Germany, Ireland, Scotland…), embrace the tropical holidays (they give you energy)
A few of these are already in the works and in the forefront of my mind since completing this project. For example going to Europe has been a dream for a while and I finally applied to complete classes overseas, heres hoping I get accepted! If I do, summer 2016 will be a very exciting time!
Research into cultural resistance, subversive design, user experience, and going against corporate culture lead me to a few of these sites:
My inspiration for the visuals of my site came from this site:
The contract attached above I believe will be a good starting point to base my future contracts on. Some may not need al sections, but I think that this will help me greatly in the future to protect my work and services.